Hello and welcome to my Young Living review and compensation plan breakdown with a full and unbiased overview.
Is Young Living a scam?
This is one of the questions that we are going to look at and get answers to by reviewing the company, the products, and the compensation payment plan details.
We wouldn’t want to join a company to find out later it gets shut down due to non-compliance.
I personally don’t think Young Living has any issues with legitimacy, but we are still going to cover it.
I decided to add the Young Living opportunity to my reviews because it is one of the more established companies, and I wanted to add my thoughts about the opportunity.
With that said, let’s go ahead and get started.
Young Living Review – What Is It?
Young Living is an MLM opportunity that offers the ability to earn money with its residual compensation payment plan.
It offers health and wellness products to customers and its affiliate members.
At the time of writing this review, it is a well-established MLM company that has been through several issues since it first launched.
They have successfully got through the issues which made the company one of the biggest opportunities in the MLM space.
With that said let’s go ahead and get started with the review.
Another great review: doTERRA Compensation Plan Simplified with Full Review
Young Living Company Overview
I this section of the review I will cover the information on the Young Living company.
The Young Living company was started on 4/1/94.
The company is based out of Lehi, UT on 3125 Executive Parkway 84043.
As of writing this review Young Living has been in business for 24 years!
The CEO and owner of Young Living are D. Gary Young and Mary Young.
Young Living actually started as a small local business that had its own organic farm and distillery.
Young Living Essential Oils company prides itself on offering natural and healthy products to help improve your health and wellness of your body.
With that said, let’s take a look at the products that Young Living offers.
Another great review: LuLaRoe Compensation Plan Breakdown with Full Review
Young Living Products Review
In this section of the review, we will cover the products that Young Living offers.
When the company first started there were not many people had any clue on the benefits that essential oils and supplements had to your well-being.
With that said, we can also say that there were not that many processed foods that we bought from the grocery store that was missing many of the healthy vitamins and minerals that are lost through the processing process used to preserve the majority of food that that is sold now.
- Gary Young had a great vision (and a bit of luck) for providing the essential oils when he did and ahead of most all of the essential oil providers that are on the market today.
There is also a ton of scientific research to back up the effects of these essential oils.
More and more people are looking for alternative ways to help themselves to become healthier and maintaining their health.
Young Living Essential Oils offer a couple of categories that I will break down here:
Here is a list of the top 12 essential oils that are must-haves according to the Aura Cacia website.
- Lavender – For the calming and relaxing benefits.
- Frankincense – For its meditative, grounding, and calming benefits.
- Peppermint – For its uplifting and invigorating benefits.
- Eucalyptus – For its clarifying benefits.
- Tea Tree – For its cleansing and purifying benefits.
- Grapefruit – For its uplifting and refreshing benefits.
- Rosemary For its uplifting, energizing, and purifying benefits.
- Lemon – For its uplifting, cleansing, and freshening benefits.
- Sweet Orange – For its uplifting, balancing, and freshening benefits.
- Patchouli – For its grounding and relaxing benefits.
- Bergamot – For its uplifting, energizing, and purifying benefits.
- Lemongrass – for its uplifting, cleansing, and purifying benefits.
They offer these essential oils on single bottles, blends, roll-ons, and even in message oils which is very interesting to me.
You will have to check out the product catalog to learn the full line that Young Living offers.
Along with the flagship product line of essential oils, they also offer a home product line and wellness line as well.
Here is a quick breakdown of the home and wellness products that Young Living Essential Oils also provides.
- Healthy Cooking
- Pet products like cat and dog treat, ointment, shampoo, and essential oils to help with pet odor.
- National Cleaning products like bar soaps, dish soaps.
- Family health like protein powders, meal replacements, toothpaste, dental floss, lozenges, and mints.
- Tools like diffusers for the essential oils and shakers.
- Join & Mobility products.
- Weight Management products.
- Energy & Stamina products.
- Age-Based Nutrition products.
- Antioxidant Support products.
There are some complaints that I’ve found online about Young Living Essential Oils company, but I have not found anything negative found on the products themselves.
The next section will cover information on the compensation plan and how you get paid with the Young Living payment plan structure.
Another great review: How To Make Money Blogging For Beginners – Detailed Guide
Young Living Compensation Plan Breakdown
In this section of the review, we are going to cover the Young Living compensation payment plan.
This section will break down the several ways that you can get paid through Young Living’s pay plan.
There are basically 2 ways to get paid through the compensation payment plan that Young Living offers which are:
- Through Referral Commissions.
- Retail Commissions.
You get paid 24% on any orders of people who are customers that you have enrolled in. Some people will simply want to order as a customer whenever they want to order and anytime they do you will get 24% of whatever they order.
The first section of the compensation payment plan I am going to cover are the ranks that you can achieve in Young Living.
The higher the rank that you can qualify for means that the more money you will be able to earn.
Here is a breakdown of the ranks and qualifications:
- Distributor – You need to have a monthly order of 50 PV and you get paid on 2 levels of distributors.
- Star Rank – To achieve this level you need to have a volume of 500 PV between yourself and the other members on your team. So if you had an order of 100 PV and 4 other people on your team also had 100 PV you will have achieved this level. To get paid commissions you need to have a 100 PV order and you get paid on 3 levels of distributors. To get paid on this level as well as all future levels it requires that you place at least a 100 PV order each month.
- Senior Star Rank – You need to have 2000 group PV and you get paid on 4 levels.
- Executive Rank – 2 legs each at 1,000 with 4,000 total OGV, directing growth toward Silver
- Silver Rank – 2 legs each at 4,000 with 10,000 total OGV
- Gold Rank – 3 legs each at 6,000 with 35,000 total OGV, creating behavior that will direct building toward the Diamond rank
- Platinum Rank – 4 legs each at 8,000 with 100,000 total OGV
- Diamond Rank – 5 legs each at 15,000 with 250,000 total OGV
- Crown Diamond Rank – 6 legs each at 20,000 with 750,000 total OGV
- Royal Crown Diamond Rank – 6 legs each at 35,000 with 1,500,000 total OGV
Fast Start Bonus
Young Living also offers a fast start bonus that pays commission for new referrals in your first 3 months.
You will be able to earn 25% from every personal referral up to $200 each and you will also earn from your personally referred people that they sponsor into Young Living as well.
The 2nd level commissions will pay you 10% from each new member up to $80.
Young Living offers residual income through the compensation payment plan that they offer and is structured in a unilevel pay structure that has 5 levels deep of commissions that you can earn.
Young Living pays out by percentage of the volume that is generated by level.
If you don’t understand how a unilevel compensation plan works here is a quick breakdown:
- 1st Level – This level of your unilevel will only include your personal referrals.
- 2nd Level – This level of your unilevel payment plan will only have referrals that your personal referrals sponsored into the Young Living opportunity as an affiliate member or customer.
- 3rd Level – This level of your unilevel compensation plan will only have the referrals that your Level 2 team members sponsor into the Young Living opportunity.
- And so on…
Here is a breakdown by level of the percentage of volume your referrals and team members bring in that you will earn monthly.
- 1st Level – This level of the unilevel payment plan pays 8%
- 2nd Level – This level of the unilevel payment plan pays 5%
- 3rd Level – This level of the unilevel payment plan pays 4%
- 4th Level – This level of the unilevel payment plan pays 4%
- 5th Level – This level of the unilevel payment plan pays 4%
Rising Star Bonus Commissions
The Rising Star Bonus are commissions that you can qualify for when you reach the rank of Star through Executive Rank.
Young Living pays out 1% of the monthly sales volume that the company earns and is distributed evenly with all the qualifying affiliate members.
Generation Leadership Bonus
The Generational Leadership Bonus is paid out to all qualifying Silver Rank affiliate members and above.
This “bonus pool” pays out 6% of the company profit and is paid out by your rank and by the number of leaders that consist of your downline.
Young Living also offers a Profit Sharing pool that you can participate in as well to earn additional commissions.
Elite Express Rewards
Young Living also provides rewards that you can earn when you reach certain ranks in the company.
They do have certain things that you have to do to qualify for these rewards that consist of needing to hit some of these ranks within a certain period of time.
The time frame is set to 20 months, so if you are able to hit the ranks that I’ve listed below you can win the rewards that I have also included in the below description.
Here is a breakdown of the rewards that you can earn when you qualify for them:
- Gold iPad mini
- Exclusive 30-oil collection
- Fitbit Charge HR
- YL-branded luggage set
- Five-diffuser collection
- 1,000 Essential Rewards points
- And more…
- Pre Qualifying for these rewards by qualifying for Star Rank.
- Qualify for Executive Rank within 3 months of hitting Star Rank.
- The Elite Express Reward you will win is the Seed to Seal® collection, featuring an Aria™ Diffuser and 5-ml Peppermint, Idaho Blue Spruce, and Ylang Ylang essential oils and a Young Living-branded padfolio.
- Pre Qualifying for these rewards by qualifying for Executive
- Qualify for Silver within 6 months of hitting Executive Rank.
- The Elite Express Reward you will win is the collection of 30 15-ml essential oils and a Fitbit Charge HR.
- Pre Qualifying for these rewards by qualifying for Silver Rank.
- Qualify for Gold within 6 months of hitting Silver Rank.
- The Elite Express Reward you will win is a Gold iPad mini, a year’s supply of NingXia Red®, and a Thieves® collection including a 2-pack of Thieves Laundry Soap, 3-pack of Thieves Foaming Hand Soap, Thieves Foaming Hand Soap Refill, Thieves Household Cleaner, and two 15-ml Thieves essential oil blend.
- Pre Qualifying for these rewards by qualifying for Gold Rank.
- Qualify for Platinum within 5 months of hitting Gold Rank.
- The Elite Express Reward you will win is YL-branded luggage, Premier Aroma collection, and a five-diffuser collection, including AromaLux™, Dewdrop™, USB, Rainstone™, and Dino Land™.
- Pre Qualifying for these rewards by qualifying for Star Rank.
- Qualify for Platinum or higher within 20 months of hitting Star Rank.
- The Elite Express Reward you will win is 1,000 Essential Rewards points and free registration for the International Grand Convention.
Companies usually offer these rank bonuses to help motivate you to work harder.
I see a lot of products consisting of these bonuses which is great but personally, I would rather just get a cash prize.
This might be a possibility but I couldn’t find it in the documentation at this time.
That’s all I have for now on the compensation payment plan that Young Living offers their affiliate members, let’s move on to the next section.
Related articles: MLM Company Reviews, Compensation Plan, and Scams
Young Living FAQ
In this section of my review, I will cover information on some of the questions that people might have before joining the Young Living opportunity.
Is Young Living Accredited With The BBB?
Yes, Young Living is accredited with the BBB.
Here is some of the information that I’ve found on the Better Business Bureau website:
- Young Living has an A rating.
- They have 61 customer reviews with just over a 3-star rating.
- They had 98 complaints which all have been addressed by the company.
- To view, the information on the BBB website visits the BBB website here.
How Much Can You Earn From Young Living?
When you see the average income disclosure that Young Living has posted on the company website you will see several listings of income that is listed by rank.
The higher the rank that you qualify for in the Young Living compensation plan means that you will most likely earn more.
There are overlaps from 2 to 3 rank levels that are next to each other but that is usually the way it goes.
Here is a Young Living chart on the average income per rank.
Please note that these amounts are calculated from a distributor that has been working on the Young Living opportunity for 1 to 2 years.
How Much Does Young Living Cost To Join?
If you are wanting to learn how much one of Young Living’s product cos then you will have to visit the product page to get the most updated price due to price changes and sales from time to time.
You can visit the product page here.
Here is a breakdown:
- If you want wholesale pricing as a customer/distributor where you earn from product sales alone – $50 per year.
- Independent Distributor as Business – There are no fees, but there is a purchase requirement for one of the product packs. (read ranks and qualifications above)
Below, I will break down the basics and how-to of each type.
To get a discount wholesale pricing you will need to join as an independent distributor.
To earn from the compensation payment plan you will need to join as an independent distributor.
Is Young Living A Scam?
No, in my opinion, Young Living is not a scam and I will explain why.
Young Living has great products that have great retail options for customer purchases.
They have a great company background and the compensation plan is solid, although a bit much for my taste, a solid and legitimate long-term MLM structured payment plan.
They have all the factors that make a great long-term and legit MLM company.
My Final Young Living Review and Thoughts
As you can see in my review there are many positives when it comes to the Young Living Essential Oil opportunity.
We covered information on the company, the products, and the compensation plan and happy with the results.
If you are into essential oils and can understand that it is going to take a lot of time and a lot of work to make any significant amount of residual income with Young Living.
Is There A Good Alternative To Young Living?
My personal opportunity that I fell in love with a couple of years ago has been affiliate marketing programs.
The conversion rate is much higher and they are really simple to understand and in most cases, they pay out a really high payout that pays out usually daily or weekly.
If you are looking for a good alternative to Young Living then I would definitely check out the link in this article that refers to earning money.
With that said, would I recommend or join Young Living?
I personally would recommend the Young Living Essential Oil Opportunity and know that this is a legitimate MLM opportunity.
Now, would I recommend joining Young Living?
No, because it is simply not for me and what I know about the earning potential of other programs compared to most MLM programs.
I hope you enjoyed my Young Living Compensation Payment Plan full review on the company, products, and compensation plan.
Make sure to click on the social share buttons on this page and share it so others know exactly what Young Living is all about and to support this site.
Thank you for your support!