Welcome to my Vindale Research review.
One of the things that we need to learn about before we join any program that we can make money with is to find out if it a scam or not, even if it’s free to join.
We wouldn’t want to lose a ton of time on a program to end up losing all the time and money that we put into trying to make money with it.
We are going to take a look at various parts of the Vindale Research program to see how it works, how you get paid, a little bit of background about it, and some pros and cons about it.
This program has been out for a while, but it is still a popular program that you probably found when searching for different ways to make money online.
Because of that, we wanted to learn what it really is all about.
Also, before you go, make sure to grab the money-making bonuses that I’ve included below.
With that said, let’s dig in and see what we can learn.
Vindale Research Review – What Is It?
Vindale Research is one of the oldest or longest-running websites that offer surveys from various companies that you can get paid for completing (paid surveys).
The company website has actually been online and running for over 12 years as of writing this review.
Over the years they have refined the user experience to become almost seamless for the pc users and app users combined.
Vindale Research is not a company like Survey Club where VR actually hosts all of their own surveys that come from some of the biggest companies that you can find in the USA, and pay you directly.
What happens is that these big companies hire companies like Vindale Research to host their surveys that they pay the company and the survey takers when they complete each survey.
Basically, you are getting paid for your opinion and you can join for free.
Vindale Research is part of the SayForExample, Inc., and they also own other sites like 20in20.com.
The company is based in New York, New York but operates almost everywhere in the world.
Many of the other “paid survey sites” like Vindale Research are only operated or offer surveys in the USA, but not Vindale Research.
Vindale Research offers “paid surveys” to people that live in:
- The USA
- The United Kingdom
I know that it is not every country, but they offer more than most of the others and which is one of the biggest complaints that we’ve encountered.
With that said, this would be a great program to get paid for your opinion if you live in one of the countries that are listed.
Another good alternative: InboxDollars Review – Scam or Legit? How It Works
Is Vindale Research Scam or Legit Opportunity?
This is one of the biggest questions that gets asked and since it is, we are going to answer it here for you today in this section of the review.
There are a few aspects that we have to consider when doing our research on a company and determining if it is a scam or not.
Some of the things to take into consideration are:
- Does the company pay out your commissions?
- Do they offer the surveys as advertised?
- Do you get paid when referring people when the company offers it?
- How do you get paid for those referrals?
- Is there a ton of spam?
- Do you feel that you get cheated?
First of all, there are a ton of programs out there on the internet that offer surveys that you can get paid for.
Other related programs offer additional ways to get paid within the program like other programs so that you can read about in my Swagbucks review.
Just like many of the “paid survey” programs that I’ve reviewed, Vindale Research is not a scam.
However, there are also many that do not pay out what was promised or hold back the commissions that are owed to you.
I have found many complaints from users of the Vindale Research survey program but many of the complaints are of the typical kind that is normally associated with paid survey programs.
We will get into the complaints that people have in the specific section about complaints since it is important.
Here it the thing…
With ALL companies like this one that pays you for your opinion by taking surveys and getting paid for them, YOU are not going to make “job quitting income”!
However, don’t mistake the fact that you can make money with Vindale Research, but it will not be the kind of money that you are expecting to earn.
There are many factors when it comes to paid surveys that I will get more in-depth below, but here are 2 reasons why:
- You won’t qualify for every survey offered.
- The amount that you earn per completed survey is very small.
Is Vindale Research Accredited With The BBB?
Yes, Vindale Research is accredited with the Better Business Bureau.
Some of the information that was found on the BBB was:
- It has an “A” rating.
- A rating of 3 out of 5 stars from 50 customer reviews.
- They have 43 complaints and 11 were addressed and closed.
I personally don’t consider the rating or accreditation that the BBB has on a company when doing my reviews due to it being easily manipulated by 3rd party service companies that anyone can purchase and because when you compare it to other review sites, the rating is all over the place.
For example, Consumer Affair rates it 2 out of 5, Yelp offers a 2 out of 5 ratings, and reviewopedia.com rates is a 2 out of 5, so you can see the rating is fairly on par across the board, but many times can be 100% positive on one side, and totally horrible on another.
How Does Vindale Research Work?
In this section of the review, we are going to explain how Vindale Research works when you are ready to sign up.
The first step is to get started with Vindale Research by creating a free account here.
The process is very simple and fast without complication which it should be with how many years Vindale Research has been running for.
All you really need to sign-up and register an account so that you can start earning money for completing surveys is:
- Your name
- and your email
Then to finish the registration process, you must confirm your account by clicking on the confirmation link that VR sends you in the email that you registered with.
**You must also be at least 18 years old to join, your account can be deleted at any time if you are underage.
Once you are inside your account you will need to answer some basic questions about yourself.
This is the first survey that you will encounter within the program and it is all about you.
Some of the questions that you will need to answer and honestly would be:
- Your age
- Marital Status
- Children status and ages if you have any
- Online shopping habits
- Offline shopping habits
- The type of devices you use (laptop, PC’s, tablets, etc)
- Cell phones used and what operating system used (Android, Google, iOS)
- Yearly Income Status
- The school (graduated HS or have a college degree)
- and a few more…
These questions will help determine which surveys you will qualify for.
Think about it, if the company is offering a survey for new moms with newborns and want to learn more about breast pumps and the best types of pads that you like and you are a middle-aged man and single it will probably not be a good fit.
The companies are very picky for who they want to fill out their surveys so it is always best to fill out the surveys honestly so that you won’t get surveys that you never qualify for.
And believe me, each survey that is offered to you will test you to make sure you are qualified!
I’ve seen many times that people go through 5 minutes of a survey and get disqualified because you don’t fit the criteria.
By the way, this will happen a lot.
Now that you got the initial survey about yourself out of the way, that is the most important part and you can now start to earn money with Vindale Research.
The first set of surveys might take a while (a day) to get to you, but you will have other options to make money that VR offers which are:
- Watching VR Videos (earn about 20 cents per video)
- Referring friends and family ($5 per referral)
- VR Email Program (earn 10 cents per reading an email)
- Sharing your VR income proof (earn a one-time $5 commission)
- and more…
I will get more in detail about how you can make money with the various aspects that the Vindale Research opportunity offers in the next section.
The next step is to accumulate a minimum withdrawal amount of $50 for US residents…
Then simply cash out!
This is the most exciting part of the entire process in my opinion and is what many of you are here to do which is to make more money.
Vindale Research offers you the options to get paid via check for those in the United States or to your PayPal account.
Another good alternative: Opinion Outpost Review – Scam or Legit? How It Works
How Much Can I Make With Vindale Research?
In this section of the review, we are going to cover the details about how much money you can get paid with Vindale Research.
The amount of money that you can make with VR will be highly determined by your activity level that you have with the program.
Every aspect of what you can make that VR offers equals a different amount per the activity you decide to do.
Here is a detailed breakdown of the ways that you can make money with Vindale Research, how you earn money, and what they pay you for doing those activities:
Get Paid To Take Surveys
The main way that this program will pay you is through taking a survey that they offer and completing it.
You do not get paid for a partial survey that you lose connection to or get disqualified for even if you are almost done with it, you must get a confirmation that you completed it.
The surveys that Vindale Research offers will range from .75 to $15 and usually depending on the time frame that they say that survey should take to finish usually will determine the amount that the survey is worth being that longer surveys mean more value.
These surveys are totally free to take and will only depend on whether you qualify for it with your initial questions about yourself will determine if you can take it or not.
Get Paid With Reward Codes
To earn money with Reward Codes, you will have to join the blogs and social media pages to get the updates for polls and alerts to find reward codes worth cash that is offered each and every week.
So if you like to get some free money make sure to join the blog and social media groups!
Make Money To Refer Others
When you refer people to the Vindale Research program with the affiliate link you get after you register your account, you will earn $5 for each referral!
This is a very easy way to start making money with VR!
One of the things that you can do is open up your email account and tell all of your friends and family to join this amazing free program.
For each referral that signs up, you will earn $5!
Not too shabby!
Get Paid With Reward Mail
Vindale Research also offers the option where you can participate in the Mail Reward program that they offer.
You simply have to authorize the process in your back office and then you will start to get promotional emails.
Once you open the emails and also interact with the promotions inside the email you can earn up to 10 cents for each email that you open and interact with.
With that said, I would advise you to sign up for any of these programs with an email address that is not your primary email address to get all of the emails that you get in this program.
Enter Contests To Make Money
Another way to make money with Vindale Research is through some of the contests that the company holds each week.
You can earn up to $15 for some of the contests that are held.
Get Paid With Vindale Videos
Another way that Vindale Research pays you is with their Vindale Videos.
All you have to watch videos until it finishes to earn up to 25 cents per some of the videos you watch.
If you are in the middle of finding new surveys to fill out if you have nothing else to do, they might as well pass the time by earning some extra money by watching videos.
Get Paid When Submitting A Payment Photo
When you are able to withdraw your commissions, all you have to do is to take a screenshot or photo of the confirmation and send it in and you will earn $5.
I believe this is only a one-time commission but hey, another way to make free money!
Save money With Deals
As a member of Vindale Research, you will have access to member exclusive coupons and discounts on many of the everyday products that people use online.
A nice little extra that Vindale Research has to offer.
How Does Vindale Research Pay You?
Once you reach the minimum cash-out limit, you can choose to receive your payment via check or PayPal.
What Is The Minimum Withdrawal Amount?
Before you can cash out your commissions and get paid you need to reach the minimum amount set by the company.
Depending on the country you live in will depend on the minimum withdrawal limit that you need to reach.
Here is a breakdown of that amount that you need to earn before you can cash out per country:
- The USA – The minimum you need to make is $50 USD.
- Canada – The minimum you need to make is $50 CAD.
- Australia – The minimum you need to make is $50 AUD.
- United Kingdom – The minimum you need to make is $25.
My Vindale Research Pros
With any company that you can make money online with I usually will have a few positive things that I’ve found on the program and Vindale Research has a few that I’ve found.
Here are a few things that I like about the program:
- The best feature that I feel is the most important is getting paid directly in cash. Many other programs offer points that you have to redeem for gift cards and cash.
- It is very easy to withdraw your funds. The fact that they offer a check that will be mailed to you or transferred over to your Paypal account is a great feature.
- The fact that when you compare the payout amount per completed survey they offer is a bit higher than other popular paid survey sites is another big pro. You can earn between 25 cents to $50 per completed survey which is a very good aspect when compared to other websites that you can get paid for sharing your opinion.
- Various ways to earn money through the Vindale Research program website. Many other programs only offer surveys to get paid, with VR you can earn through various tasks that include watching videos, opening and reading emails, and more.
- The ability to earn $5 per referrals is a great way to earn additional money faster than finding surveys that you qualify for and fill out to earn money.
- The fact that they are not only in the United States is another pro. Many other programs that you can make money with surveys, only offer it to US residents.
These are just a few of the pros that we have found and many of them are of our opinion.
I personally feel that Vindale Research is one of the best “paid survey” companies on the internet at this time.
My Vindale Research Cons
Just like with all money-making opportunities, we have some things that we do not like about it.
Some of these are subjective but when comparing it to other programs out there they must be addressed and some are just the nature of these types of programs.
- You are going to spend a lot of time to start surveys to just get disqualified a couple of minutes into the survey until you finally complete one that is offered to you. However, this is a typical issue among all “paid survey” sites so it is typical but still sucks.
- Although the website and surveys are available to a few countries, it still is not available everywhere. Vindale Research is limited to only the residents of the United States, Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom. If you live in Great Britain, India, Brazil, and any other country that is not on the list then you can’t join and make money with the program.
- The discounts and coupons are only available to the residents of the United States.
- A high minimum withdrawal amount. In order to withdraw your commissions, you will need to earn at least $50 for US residents.
- You will get a ton of spam emails! This is typical with many other similar or alternative companies like Vindale Research. (don’t sign up with your primary email address)
There are other complaints that others have which I will get into the next section.
Related articles: Survey Junkie Review – Scam or Legit? How It Works
Vindale Research Complaints
Just like all programs that you can make money online with, there will always be complaints about the program that you can find online.
So in this section of the review, we are going to address many of the complaints that Vindale Research has been given by customers from forums and testimonial sites.
Overall, the issues have been fair, but not overly negative with our research.
Here is a breakdown of some of the common complaints that we were able to dig up:
- One of the complaints that people have is getting disqualified for a survey that was offered to them while actually on the survey and answering questions. This is a widely common complaint when dealing with ANY paid survey sites and is a typical complaint that we see.
- Some users have complained that they were shut-out of the Vindale Research itself after earning some money. This is another common complaint that we will address below.
- Another complaint is not being able to withdraw your funds until you reach the minimum $50 balance for US residents.
- The time to complete a survey just to earn a couple of bucks in another complaint that we see in many cases.
- The last and worst complaint is that some users complained that they finally reached the $50 minimum withdrawal for US residents and when they tried to take the money out, they were blocked and denied, and then their account was shut-down.
When addressing the first complaint about getting disqualified in the middle of a survey.
This complaint is widely shared among all paid survey sites and is very typical and unfortunately is very normal.
The reason why this happens is that the companies that provide these surveys that you get paid for want to double and triple-check that you are 100% qualified by adding additional qualifying questions to the surveys that everyone takes to earn money.
When you answer a question and the answer you give is not the answer they are looking for, you get rejected.
The companies are putting up big money to pay people and companies like Vindale Research and they just want to make sure they get the best opinions from people that are most qualified for what they are specifically looking for.
When you understand this and know that it is just business and comes with the territory, more people will understand, but it still sucks, I know!
The second complaint about getting shut-out of their account even after they earn money can be due to a few reasons but the most typical one is because the user has created multiple accounts from the same IP address.
This is in their terms so make sure you are careful about the accounts you make and where.
Usually, it’s because a husband and wife both have accounts and use the platform from the same IP.
Another reason is that you don’t live in the US, or one of the other qualifying countries, so this is instant termination even if you spent the time to earn some money.
However, if it was a legitimate mistake, then contact customer service to try to reverse this action, but the actions are TOTALLY automated within the system.
So just know that it was software that does all these actions.
Support might take a day or 2 to get back to you, so just be aware of that as well.
Actions That Can Get Your Account Terminated
With many of the programs that are similar to Vindale Research, there are certain things that can get your account shut-down without you even realized that you did anything wrong.
Here is a list of things that you need to avoid that will risk your account to get shut-down:
- Duplicate accounts – You can’t make more than 1 account per household, mailing address, or computer.
- Inactivity – You need to stay active within a 120 period.
- Invalid Email Address
- Not living in one of the countries that Vindale Research specifies.
If the system finds that you are violating any of these terms, then the system can terminate you without warning.
You can find a full list of what is acceptable and unacceptable on the VR’s terms page.
Related articles: Survey Company Reviews, Scams, and How They Work
My Final Vindale Research Review and Thoughts
In the final section of this review, I am going to share my personal thoughts and opinion on the Vindale Research opportunity as a whole.
We have taken the time to review the details on how Vindale Research works, what it is, how much money you can make, how the company pays you and some pros and cons.
We also share our thoughts on why we felt Vindale Research is not a scam and why.
At this point, you should have a great idea of how this program works and if you feel that this is the right opportunity for you to join.
But here is the question…
Do we recommend the Vindale Research opportunity?
If you are looking for a way to make a few extra bucks per month by filling out survey questions all month then this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
If you are looking to make a lot more money spending the same amount of time then you will want to click on one of the links on this page that I personally recommend.
With that said, I hope you enjoyed my Vindale Research review.
Make sure to click on the social share buttons on this review to share it with others so that people can learn exactly what the Vindale Research opportunity is really all about.
Thank you for your support!