Welcome to my MySurvey review.
One of the things that we need to learn about before we join any program that we can make money with is to find out if it a scam or not, even if it’s free to join.
We wouldn’t want to lose a ton of time on a program to end up losing all the time and money that we put into trying to make money with it.
We are going to take a look at various parts of the MySurvey program to see how it works, how you get paid, a little bit of background about it, and some pros and cons about it.
This program has been out for a while, but it is still a popular program that you probably found when searching for different ways to make money online.
Because of that, we wanted to learn what it really is all about.
Also, before you leave, make sure to grab one of the money-making bonuses that I’ve included below.
With that said, let’s dig in and see what we can learn.
MySurvey Review – What Is It?
Just like the name of the company says, it’s all about earning from the paid surveys that they offer you.
Surveys that you can get from major and medium-sized companies that want to better their company by hearing what the consumers have to say and then earning money from the surveys that you complete.
So, basically, the companies pay for each of the surveys that are filled out.
The surveys will range from a wide variety of topics and the people that qualify for the topic that the company needs customer feedback for, MySurvey will pay those people in points for each survey that is completely filled out.
The MySurvey company actually has been running for a very long time in comparison to many of the other paid survey companies that are the market and online right now.
Just like many of the older paid survey companies that are out there they started out as a general “market research” company to help companies gather information for their business so that they can improve their overall business model for customers.
When they first started their customer base was only from the USA, now they expanded to:
- the USA
- and Malaysia
MySurvey actually started its operation in the 1940s as an offline company that supplied market research for its clients.
The branched out to become an online market research company as well in 1995.
Lightspeed Online Research Inc. is the company that operates the online business for MySurvey.
Another great review: Inbox Dollars Review – Scam or Legitimate? Does It Really Pay You
Is My Survey Accredited With The BBB?
No, MySurvey is not accredited with the Better Business Bureau.
The company name listed on the BBB is Lightspeed, LLC, and has a C+ rating but without an accreditation.
Here is a quick breakdown of what the BBB has listed:
- 162 complaints listed
- 1 out of 5-star rating with 9 customer reviews.
- The main issue stated was a problem with delivering products or services.
- 162 complaints have been closed in 3 years.
With that said, I usually don’t go by what the BBB rates a company and do my own investigation just because the BBB is only one source.
I like to refer to various legitimate websites that offer reviews and testimonials and gather that information for you in my reviews.
On that point, I can honestly say there are a ton of reviews and a ton of complaints.
There are many positive reviews and many more negative ones that I was able to find.
I would just tell you to make sure to read through the terms of service and stay away from doing what the majority of people do to get there accounts in trouble which are:
- Don’t make more than 1 account per household or address.
- Not staying active.
- Trying to earn money and points when you live outside of the countries list.
- Try to manipulate the answers with answers that you think they want to hear.
Many of the complaints are about people getting locked out of there accounts or not getting paid and when diving digger, it was found that many of the complainers have more than one account that utilizes 1 IP address or household.
This is probably the #1 reason why people’s accounts get suspended or terminated.
With that said, let’s continue.
Is MySurvey a Scam or Legitimate Opportunity?
Because the company has been around for so many years and successfully dealt with many of the complaints that people had and answered, NO, My Survey is not a scam.
You have to realize that when you are looking at the history of the company, it traces back to 1946 when the company “MySurvey” first launched and went under the name “National Family Opinion Organization”.
The surveys that were done were used to send and receive over the phone and through the mail.
In 2001, MySurvey was conceived by NFOO to get a bigger reach with people that live throughout the United States.
In 2011, Lightspeed Research bought out the company.
Lightspeed Research is a global research and analysis company that also collected opinions from people.
To this day, Lightspeed Research has been running the MySurvey company and improved it to the company it is today.
The MySurvey company is one of the largest companies worldwide that provide surveys that people can get paid for your opinion at the time of writing this review.
The reported payout to their members in the year 2012 was $15 Million Dollars.
Overall, the My Survey company that is owned and ran by Lightspeed Research is 100% legitimate in our opinion.
However, there are complaints that we will get into later on this review, but in our opinion, many of the complaints are complaints that people have due to not knowing that nature of how these paid survey companies work.
With that said, let’s move on to the next section.
Another great review: SwagBucks Review – Is It A Safe or Legit Paid Survey Company That Pays?
How Does The MySurvey Opportunity Work?
When you have a company that has been online for as many years that SurveyClub has been, the online experience will get better for the user experience and usability the majority of the time.
As far as the usability and the experience that users have with the MySurvey website and functionality, it definitely has got better.
With that said, the way that My Survey works is quite simple for the new user to get started with.
The website itself will actually walk you through each step of the sign-up and get started with earning your first commission process.
Step 1 (free to join)
Signing up for SurveyClub is 100% free.
You can earn money by filling out surveys to earn points that you can redeem for a cash value.
When getting started the first thing you will need to do is create your profile with your relevant information like:
- Your Name
- Your Email
- Your PayPal Email (if you have one)
- Your Password
**Make sure you only create 1 account per household, if you create more like you and your girlfriend or wife, your account will get suspended!
Step 2 (filling out your profile survey)
The next step is that you are going to be required to fill out an initial survey about yourself and shopping habits.
This is a short survey of around 10 questions that will allow MySurvey to know what surveys they can initially qualify for.
Here are some of the questions that they ask:
- Your Age
- Your Marital Status
- If you have any kids (age, and how many)
- How Much You Earn Per Year
- Some of the stores you shop at. (online and offline)
This will allow you to initially get matched up with the right surveys to send you.
You will still have to qualify for the surveys that they send you with a series of questions that the company’s predetermined within the surveys that SurveyClub sends you.
Step 3 (start receiving surveys)
After you complete steps 1 and 2, SurveyClub will send you surveys.
This will appear in the email that you sign up with and also in the back office of your Survey Club website through the app they offer or through accessing it on your laptop or computer.
Step 4 (get paid to fill out surveys)
Select the surveys that you want to fill out and start answering the questions and sharing your opinion.
The surveys that are sent to you will be listed with the amount that you can earn when finished and also the length of time.
Each survey is different from the amount that you can earn when you complete it that ranges from 5 cents to a few dollars.
They do offer additional longer surveys that you can qualify for that will have a higher commissions value that usually involves more time.
The surveys that the company sends you are random and some days you can get a few, and others you may not receive any.
Step 5 (earn points)
When you start completing the surveys that are offered to you, you will get paid in point value.
Each survey will offer a different amount of points that you can earn when you complete the survey that usually will depend on how long it takes to finish it.
You must accumulate 1200 points worth of points before you can cash those points out for a cash payout.
One of the great aspects of SurveyClub is that even though you do not qualify for a survey that is sent to you with the initial screening process, you will still earn some points.
You can do the initial screening process with their online app that SurveyClub offers to all its members for no additional charge.
Step 6 (getting paid!)
Once you accumulate at least 1200 points you can request a cashout.
1200 points in SurveyClub will pay you $10 in commissions.
You can actually wait until you reach 1800 points to get a cash payout of $15.
SurveyClub offers a few ways that you can get paid which are:
- Through PayPal (international takes 4-8 weeks)
- Redeem as a Gift Card
- Purchase Products using your points
- You can donate your earnings to a charitable cause.
Cash Out To PayPal
This is really self-explanatory.
Here is the twist, you will not receive your earnings right away.
You are going to have to wait a week or more to get those earning deposited.
Depending on what country you live in, it might take 2-8 weeks.
Donate Your Earnings
As far as the donation to a charitable cause goes, once you hit 1100 points you can actually donate a cash value of $10 to one of the charities the company is in partnership with.
Cash Out For A Gift Card
MySurvey also has many different gift card companies that you can cash-out your earnings to receive a gift card.
The gift card will be sent to your email address with a redeemable code that you can use at the gift card store that you choose.
The standard gift cards will cost 1100 points to get a $10 gift card.
Purchase Products by Using Your Points
SurveyClub actually has a big library of items that you can purchase using your points.
Some of the items include:
- Household Items
- and many more…
Our little breakdown really sums up how SurveyClub works and what the process is to make money with it, let’s continue on to the next section.
MySurvey is Compatible On Several Devices
MySurvey is compatible with several devices.
The main way that people do surveys that are sent to them is through there smartphones or tablets.
You can download the MySurvey app from the Apple app store or the google play store which is compatible with android as well.
The other traditional way is on your home computer or laptop.
How Much Can I Make With MySurvey?
So, how much money can you actually make with MySurvey is going to depend on a few factors like:
- The survey length
- If you are able to qualify for the survey given
- The time that it takes to qualify for a survey.
- The amount per survey
The Breakdown On What You Can Earn
There are a few factors that you have to take into consideration when you calculate those actual earnings that you will earn with MySurvey.
Here is a breakdown of factors to think about.
The Survey Length
Depending on how long it will take to complete a survey that is already determined by the companies giving the surveys, it will depend on the amount that each survey is worth.
When it comes to MySurvey they use a point system to pay you.
On average you are looking at completing around 15 to 30 surveys to earn $10.
If You Are Able To Qualify For A Survey
Once you are given a survey to complete based on your initial screening questions, you still have to qualify for the survey with a series of additional screening questions.
If you don’t qualify, you just wasted a few minutes on learning that you don’t qualify.
However, you still get paid in points for the screening process, just not nearly anywhere what you would earn if you were able to complete the survey.
The Time It Takes To Qualify For A Paid Survey
The majority of the time that you will be doing with MySurvey is actually taking the time to find a survey that you actually qualify for.
If you take that into consideration, this factor will lower the rate for what you actually make with the program.
This is one of my personal complaints about ALL of the paid survey companies online.
This is also one of the top 3 complaints about most users as well.
The Amount Per Survey
The amount per survey will range from $0.50 to $2.00 if you figure out the points you would need to cash out $10 which comes out to 1200 points.
So, if you would take into account what you can actually earn and also take into consideration the negative factors, you don’t actually earn that much.
It really doesn’t matter if you bust your butt to fill out all the surveys that you can.
You can only fill out as many surveys that MySurvey offers you per day, and you might only qualify for 3 – 8 per week if you are lucky.
Another great review: Vindale Research Review – Scam or Legit? Is It Really Worth It
How Much Does MySurvey Pay You?
The amount of money that you can make with MySurvey I touched on in the last section but I will get into more depth here.
As we also mentioned in the last section, there are several factors that you must take into account when you figure out the actual amount that you can earn with the program.
If you take everything into consideration, you are basically looking at earning about $1. 60 per hour.
This will obviously fluctuate considering the factors, but that amount is a really good estimate on average when you get started.
How To Earn More Higher Paying Surveys
As time goes by and you naturally and consistently complete surveys, you will end up getting a higher trust score with the company which will result in you gaining more higher-paid surveys compared to the new people just getting started.
We don’t know how this is measured, but we do know that there is a meter or gauge that will visually show you where you are at.
Getting Gift Cards To Offset The Point Value
You can actually get a higher value for your points when you choose certain gift cards when you are able to cash out.
For example, there is a CVS Gift card for $20 that you can get for 2,300 points when you figure out the point value for that card it comes out to 115 per dollar amount.
There is another gift card for Kohls for $25 that you can get for 2,850 points when you figure out the dollar amount per point value it comes to 114 points.
If you want to get really technical and get the most bang for your points, just do a quick calculation of how much a gift card will cost you in points per the dollar amount to possibly get a better deal.
What Can You Do With The MySurvey Points You Earn?
- The first and one of the most popular things to do with the points you earn is to cash them out for PayPal money. For 1,000 of your points, you are able to get paid $10 to your PayPal account.
- The second most popular way to cash out your MySurvey points you earn is to exchange them for Gift Cards to a big variety of stores. Some of the stores that you can get a gift card to with your points include:
- Olive Garden
- Boston Pizza
- Payless Shoes
- and many more…
The cheapest gift card that you can get is for $10 that you can get for 1,000 of the points you earn.
- MySurvey also gives you the option to cash out your points to donate to one of the many of the charities that the company is partnered up with. The exchange rate will be equal to $10 for every 1,000 points you want to donate.
- And that last way you can cash out is to actually use your points to purchase merchandise on their shopping platform. The point amount that you are able to use to purchase any item will depend on the item that you want to purchase with your points. They offer a wide variety of products that include items like, jewelry, small kitchen items, small electronics, and more.
Things I Like About MySurvey (pros)
In this section of the review, we are going to cover some of the pros that we have on the MySurvey company.
- The company has been around for many years. It is one of the oldest “paid survey” company that has been operating on the internet since 2001.
- Many of the top websites that are exclusive Paid Survey review sites have rated it within their top 5.
- All of the surveys offer on the MySurvey platform are internal and not linked to other paid survey companies which means that all your earnings will be earned within the platform.
- We like the professional design and navigation of the website which was very easy to use.
- The surveys that are offered are well put together and professionally written.
- I like their “online usage diaries” which measures the amount and consistency of the surveys that you take which will award you with more surveys including more surveys that are worth more over time which no other paid survey company offers.
- The fact that when a member does not qualify for a survey they get started with doesn’t take long to find out that you don’t qualify compared to many other survey companies.
- I like the fact that you earn points for the initial assessment test when you don’t qualify for a survey.
- Many of the members are reporting that they are qualifying for around 8 to 10 surveys per week which is slightly higher than other companies.
- It really seems like it is easier to qualify for surveys compared to many of the other paid survey companies on the market which is a pro.
Things I Disliked About MySurvey (cons)
In this section of the review, we are going to cover many of the aspects of MySurvey that we didn’t really like about it.
Here is a breakdown of some of the cons that we have found:
- Just like many of the big online review companies rated it high, there are also many that rate is fairly low.
- The amount of time that many of the users are complaining about reaching the minimum threshold to get paid out is very high which is another con.
- The amount of time it takes after requesting your commissions to PayPal or even the Gift Cards taking 4 to 8 weeks is another big con. (Amazon gift cards seems to take the least amount of time to get which is around 6 days)
- Over the years, the surveys that are offered seem to be less frequent resulting is less earning that you can earn. (some users complained about only getting 2 to 4 surveys a month)
- Some of the members are complaining about getting an error message after completing a survey which resulted in losing all credit and time for that survey that you finished which is another big con.
- Many members that have contacted support reported that the time and service was very sub-par.
- Users are complaining about almost instantly getting the “you do not qualify” message when they get screened for a potential survey to complete meaning that there are glitches in the system.
- On the flip side of the previous complaint is that members sometime will get through 5 minutes of screening or survey just to get the dreaded “you do not qualify” message resulting in lost time and points.
Just like every single paid survey company on the market, they have member complaints.
Let’s just go over some of the complaints that members have about the My Survey company:
- Member complaints about it taking forever to find a qualifying survey to get paid for.
- Member complaints about the company not paying out.
- Member complaints about their account getting shut down.
Many of the complaints that MySurvey has been in my experience are circumstances that should have been avoided from the start.
I understand that there are many new people to the “paid survey” world, and make rookie mistakes that automatically get their account in jeopardy without even realizing it.
The #1 mistake that people make when getting started in the Paid survey world is”
- Creating more than 1 account under that same roof.
Many of the members get started and start earning and think that they can double their results by getting there partner or other family members involved which is ok if they don’t live with you.
If they live with you then this is against the terms of service and the program will find out and suspend both accounts.
Many people complain about not being able to create 2 accounts for you and your wife or vice-versa since you are 2 different people, but unfortunately, this is just the way it is with all survey companies.
Another complaint is not getting approved for many surveys which really sucks, but MySurvey is bound by the criteria that the companies that pay for these surveys criteria.
I mean, think about it like this, if you own a company that deals with products for babies and you want to better your product, you are not going to want a middle-aged man that has zero kids let alone a baby do the survey.
Would you want to pay for that opinion as a company owner?
Of course not, so that is why there is a screening process for each and every survey.
Another complaint that all of these paid survey companies have is not being able to earn that much.
This is just normal, and don’t ever expect that you will ever be able to retire from simply doing surveys, even when you do the surveys for multiple companies, however, you will earn a bit more but have to spend a TON of time doing them.
Other than that, that is all we have on the complaints that we have found on the MySurvey company, let’s continue.
Related articles: Paid Survey Company Reviews, Scams, and How They Work
My Final My Survey Review and Thoughts
In this final section of the review, we are going to share our personal thoughts and views on the MySurvey program as a whole.
As you can see, there are several aspects to this program overall which is quite interesting to us.
We have taken the time to dig into the details about what MySurvey is, how it works, what it offers, and some of the pros and cons we’ve found with it.
We have also shared our view on why we felt that it is not a scam and our reasons why.
t this point, you should have a clear understanding of what it is, what it can offer you, the pitfalls that you must avoid, and what to expect with it.
What are your thoughts about it at this point?
But here is the question…
Would we recommend the MySurvey program?
Yes, absolutely, if you are looking to earn just $10 to $20 per month extra, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
If you are looking to earn more money per month, then I would highly suggest looking into the links about earning money from home that I’ve posted on this article.
With that said, I hope you enjoyed my MySurvey review.
If you found this review helpful, go ahead and click on the social share buttons on this article to share it with others so that people can learn exactly what the MySurvey program is really all about.
Thank you for your support!