Welcome to one of the best Monat Global unbiased reviews on the Internet.
We are going to break down how the compensation plan works and how you get paid, we are also going to cover information about the company and the products so that you can get an overall understanding of what Monat is all about and how it works.
We are also going to review all of the information and see if this opportunity is a scam or not.
The reason why I decided to take a closer look into the company is that I started seeing some lawsuits and complaints about Monat and I didn’t see that a while ago, so I wanted to see what was going on.
Those 2 topics will also be discussed in my review so that we can get to the bottom of what is really going on with those topics.
With that said, let’s get started.
Monat Global Review – What Is It?
The word “MONAT” has the meaning of “Modern Nature” by what the company says it means, but if you go by the German meaning it actually means “month”.
Either way, modern nature meaning has a better ring to it.
Monat is an MLM opportunity that gives you the ability to earn money from home from the companies compensation plan.
The company has a claim that they are the top science-backed hair care and cosmetic product producer.
Founded in 2014, they have brought a line of to help with your aging hair problems like brittle and falling out hair that would reverse many of those issues what we face.
They produced products like:
- Hair repair treatment
- Hair spray
To help with these “hair aging” issues.
The “flagship” product that Monat leads with is there Rejuveniqe Oil Intensive treatment.
Another great review: LuLaRoe Compensation Plan Breakdown and Full Review
Monat Company Overview
The first section of my review that we are going to take a look at the information the company provides is the company.
Dissecting the company information will give us a good starting point in determining if the opportunity is leaning toward being a scam or a legitimate program.
This is what was found…
The Monat company is based in Miami, Florida which was originally launched by Luis and Rayner Urdaneta back in 2014.
Rayner and Luis already had prior experience and success with a prior MLM business they currently still run called L’eudine that is based in Latin America with over 200 mill. in yearly sales that is also in the cosmetic business niche.
Alcora is another big company in the cosmetics niche and is the parent company to Monat which helped in the initial launch as well.
With that said…
Monat has a very experienced start, and with the backing of some very successful companies in the cosmetics niche.
This resulted in a very successful first year for Monat of pulling in close to 25 million worth of sales!
Not too bad if you ask me.
So just after a couple years later the company hit another milestone of 41 million in sales for 2016 which got people noticing.
They were able to win the award of Gold Stevie for “Startup of the Year” in 2016.
With the right experience and great backing, these results can be typical.
These 2 owners are very smart that brought this company to the public with huge success numbers very fast.
Monat has a very impressive start and history behind it, let’s take a look at the products section of my review to learn more.
Another great review: doTERRA Compensation Plan Breakdown and Full Review
Monat Products Review
The Monat products are in the cosmetic niche specializing in hair treatment that was explained briefly before but I will get into more detail about the products in this section.
The cosmetics that they offer are not used on animals for testing and also are vegan.
The hair products that they do offer are sold for a premium price but obviously with the higher price it is working out very well for them.
I have found that they have a huge fan base of loyal users of their products which are actually scientifically tested according to the company website.
The main “flagship” product that they offer is Rejuveniqe Oil Intensive which I will explain what it is here with a passage from their website:
“Nourish and energize your scalp with an invigorating blend of 13+ Natural Plant and Essential Oils rich in omega fatty acids, antioxidants and nutrients highly compatible with the skin and hair. This unique, proprietary formula helps repair and protect against oxidative stress and adding body. As a result, the hair looks instantly healthier with long-lasting shine.”
The “claim to fame” as for why their products are the greatest for what they do is that they are all pure, natural, sustainable and safe.
This sounds very appealing on the outside looking in but there has been some major controversy that I will cover later on in this review.
People all around the world suffer from hair issues like:
- Hair Loss
It’s a huge market that has not really been tapped into in the MLM space. (at least not as effective as Monat has done with it)
I believe that this is one part of the main reasons for Monat’s huge success in such a short time and still to this day.
Of course, the management and backing are big contributors but without a great product, there’s no business to start with and maintain a long-term profitable business plan.
There have been some issues with this type of health care for your hair which has been said to be an itchy scalp.
The itchy scalp has been said that it is part of the healing process that occurs and is usually a typical effect that people will have at the beginning of use.
There are alternative products that can be used of course for hair repair as well but usually contain harmful chemicals like this harmful parabens.
Like I mentioned before, this is a really unique product especially in the MLM space.
You have probably most likely heard of anti-aging skin creams, but have you heard of anti-aging hair products?
More than likely this would be a no. (at least for me)
I’ve done some research and have found that Monat was actually the first company to actually come out with these type of “anti-aging” hair products.
Of course, it is known our hair does age.
We know this because as we age, our hair gets white or gray is the most noticeable results of our hair aging.
There have also been studies that aging will cause weathering, aging hair follicles and alongside the most noticeable “hair graying” we will also have some hair loss.
They obviously found an untapped niche in the hair care area that resulted in some major success.
With that said, the main product or “flagship” product that they lead this hair aging fight with is their Rejuvinique oil.
This oil is also included with many of the Monat products that they offer in their product store.
Rejuvinique is designed to restore your hair’s nutrients and natural oils that will restore your hair and fight against the natural aging process and in most cases reverse or stop the process.
It does this by supplying your hair with a proprietary blend of 11 oils that are designed specifically to accomplish this.
The oils are essential and botanical and do not contain any harmful chemicals like parabens or even harsh fragrances like other popular major retail store brands.
This is another reason for their premium price.
The Best Selling and Popular Monat Products
The first popular or best-selling product that Monat offers is their Intense Care Shampoo.
You can see an image of the shampoo below.
Another popular selling and popular product that Monat offers is their Intense Care Conditioner.
You can see an image of the conditioner below.
These products that Monat offers are not cheap.
The prices are comparable with products that you can find at your Solon, and not at retail stores like Walmart.
They range anywhere from $30 to $60 bucks.
Although you can buy a kit or package that is called their “Magnify Treatment” that will include the shampoo and conditioner will also provide a mouse and is designed to help with volume for your hair.
This will cost about $99.
Another great review: ACN Compensation Plan Breakdown and Full Review
Monat Compensation Plan Breakdown
The Monat compensation plan is designed in an MLM unilevel pay structure as far as how you earn the residual commissions.
You must join as an affiliate partner to participate in the affiliate commissions that Monat offers.
There are also more ways that you can earn that we will cover below.
The entire comp plan is structured in a way that when you move me up in rank you will have the ability and in most cases earn more money.
This is typical for the majority of MLM pay plans that are in the industry.
And just like all legitimate MLM companies, you will need to sell products to customers as well as affiliate members.
The first part of the compensation plan that Monat offers is the ranks.
This is what fuels your earnings so I feel that it is the most important.
The Monat Global Ranks
There are a total of 11 ranks that you can qualify for in the Monat compensation plan.
Each time you qualify for a higher rank means the more money you can earn in the pay plan.
Here is a breakdown of the Monat ranks below:
- Marketing Partner Rank – To qualify for this rank you will need 200 PV per month.
- Managing Marketing Partner Rank – To qualify for this rank you will need 300 PV per month, maintain 2 personal referred Marketing Partner ranked or higher and also maintain 1200 GV in total team production.
- Associate Market Builder Rank – To qualify for this rank you will need 400 PV per month, maintain 3 personal referred Marketing Partner ranked or higher and also maintain 2400 GV in total team production.
- Market Builder Rank – To qualify for this rank you will need 500 PV per month, maintain 4 personal referred Marketing Partner ranked or higher (1 which must be qualified Managing Marketing Partner rank or higher) on top of that you must also maintain a total team volume of 4000 GV
- Managing Market Builder Rank – To qualify for this rank you will need 500 PV per month, maintain 4 personal referred Marketing Partner ranked or higher (2 which must be qualified Managing Marketing Partner or higher) on top of that you must also maintain a total team volume of 7000 GV
- Associate Market Mentor Rank – To qualify for this rank you will need 500 PV per month, maintain 4 personal referred Marketing Partner ranked or higher (1 which must be qualified Managing Marketing Partner ranked and one a Managing Marketing Builder or higher) on top of that you must also maintain a total team volume of 7000 GV
- Market Mentor Rank – To qualify for this rank you will need 500 PV per month, maintain 4 personal referred Marketing Partner ranked or higher (2 which must be qualified Managing Marketing Builder ranked or higher) on top of that you must also maintain a total team volume of both 7000 GV and 30,000 DV
- Managing Market Mentor Rank – To qualify for this rank you will need 500 PV per month, maintain 4 personal referred Marketing Partner ranked or higher (1 which must be qualified Managing Marketing Builder ranked and one a qualified Associate Market Mentor rank or higher) on top of that you must also maintain a total team volume of both 7000 GV and 60,000 DV
- Associate Executive Director Rank – To qualify for this rank you will need 500 PV per month, maintain 5 personal referred Marketing Partner ranked or higher (3 which must be qualified Managing Marketing Builder ranked (1 must be recruited in the last year) one a qualified Market Mentor rank or higher) on top of that you must also maintain a total team volume of both 7000 GV and 120,000 DV
- Executive Director Rank – To qualify for this rank you will need 500 PV per month, maintain 6 personal referred Marketing Partner ranked or higher (4 which must be qualified Managing Marketing Builder ranked (1 must be recruited in the last year) one a qualified Managing Market Mentor rank or higher) on top of that you must also maintain a total team volume of both 7000 GV and 300,000 DV
- Senior Executive Director Rank – To qualify for this rank you will need 500 PV per month, maintain 8 personal referred Marketing Partner ranked or higher (6 which must be qualified Managing Marketing Builder ranked (1 must be recruited in the last year) one a qualified Associate Executive Director rank or higher) on top of that you must also maintain a total team volume of both 7000 GV and 800,000 DV
Every MLM company uses terms like the acronyms used that might be confusing for new people so I wanted to break them down.
When concerning the volume requirement that Monat has, they have 3 different terms that they use which are:
- PV – Which means “personal volume” which is volume that is generated by you.
- GV – Which means “group volume” which is the volume that is generated by your personal team.
- DV – Which means “downline volume” which is the volume that is generated from your downline.
So GV and DV usually mean the same thing in most MLM compensation plans but what I am thinking because it is not clear on the company site is that group volume means the volume that is generated from your personal productions as well as your direct referrals production.
I am really sure that DV means the volume generated by your entire team throughout your total downline.
The Retail Commissions For Monat
Monat Global offers retail commissions for products sold to customers.
The commissions are set to pay out 30 – 40 percent on the purchase price on customer orders to the member that made the sale.
Here are the percentage payouts and qualifications to earn more percentage payout on the retail commission sales that Monat offers affiliates.
- To earn 33% on retail sales from customer sales you will need to generate 1000 PV per month.
- To earn 35% on retail sales from customers sales you will need to generate 2000 PV per month.
- To earn 40% on retail sales from customer sales you will need to generate 3500 PV per month.
When customer go on an autoship for a product/s you will earn a set percentage rate of 15% each month for their monthly autoship which is at a discount price for being on autoship. (that is why it is lower)
Direct Recruitment Commissions (Fast Start Bonuses)
Monat also offers what the company calls a Direct Recruitment Commissions which means the same as a fast start bonus for those that been in MLM for a while.
These commissions are paid out when you refer an affiliate member into Monat that buys one of the “product packs”.
Here is a breakdown of the Direct Recruitment Commissions that you can earn:
- When you refer an affiliate member that purchases the Business Product Pack you will earn a $100 “fast start” commission each time.
- When you refer an affiliate member that purchases the Success Product Pack you will earn a $120 “fast start” commission each time.
- When you refer an affiliate member that purchases the Overachiever Product Pack you will earn a $220 “fast start” commission each time.
Monat Global offers residual commissions with their payment plan.
The way that Monat pays the residual income commissions is through their unilevel commission’s structure.
There are 4 levels of the Monat unilevel pay plan with an additional 5th level bonus which I will explain below.
If you don’t know how the unilevel pay plan is structured here is a quick breakdown:
- 1st Level – Only your personal referrals will be on this level unlimited width.
- 2nd Level – The referrals that your personal referred members sponsored into Monat will only land on this level unlimited width.
- 3rd Level – Referrals from your Level 2 members will only be on this level unlimited width.
- and so on…
Now that you understand how the unilevel pay plan is structured and how it works here are the percentages that you will earn, and the levels that you can get paid from per your qualified rank with the volume that is generated in your unilevel pay plan:
- Market Partner Ranked – You are qualified to earn 7% on level 1 of the unilevel Monat compensation plan.
- Managing Market Partner Ranked – You are qualified to earn 10% on level 1 and 3% on level 2 of the unilevel Monat compensation plan.
- Associate Market Builder Ranked – You are qualified to earn 12% on level 1 and 5% on level 2 of the unilevel Monat compensation plan.
- Market Builder Ranked – You are qualified to earn 12% on level 1, 6% on level 2 and 3% on level 3 of the unilevel Monat compensation plan.
- Managing Market Builder Ranked – You are qualified to earn 12% on level 1, 7% on level 2 5% on level 3 and 3% on level 4 of the unilevel Monat compensation plan.
There is an additional bonus level of the Monat unilevel plan that is level 5 of course but is labeled as “Group Volume Bonus”.
Group Volume Bonus
The Group Volume bonus is paid on your level 5 volume of your unilevel.
To qualify you must obtain the Managing Market Partner Rank.
You will earn 2% on this level (5).
Generation Matching Bonus
Monat pays a matching bonus through your unilevel pay plan.
This matching bonus is paid out on the Managing Market Builder Ranks.
The way that this is broken down is they pay through generations.
So, for every person that you referred to the business will count as 1 leg, and everyone down that 1 leg is considered for these commissions.
The number of legs that you can earn this generation matching bonus commissions on is totally dependent on how many personals that you referred into Monat.
With that understood, you will have “generations” per leg.
So, when you have a Managing Marketing Builder on any of the legs that match will start from that person down.
You may have a few Managing Marketing Builder on one leg, this is what is referred to as “Generations”.
This is important to note when explaining this bonus.
When it is explained that you get paid on 1 generation, you will get paid on the volume for that qualified MMB down until there is another qualified MMB, and that is where it is stopped UNLESS you are at the higher ranks, and you qualify for multiple generations of match pay.
Hopefully, that makes sense.
Here is the breakdown of the match pay percentage that you can earn for the rank that you qualify for:
- Associate Market Mentor Rank – This rank earns 4% on only 1 generation.
- Market Mentor Rank – This rank earns 4% on the 1st generation and 3% on the 2nd generation.
- Managing Market Mentor Rank – This rank earns 4% on the 1st and 2nd generations and 3% on the 3rd generation.
- Associate Executive Directors Rank – This rank earns 4% on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generations and 3% on the 4th generation.
- Executive Directors Rank – This rank earns 4% on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generations and 3% on the 5th generation.
- Senior Executive Director Rank – This rank earns 4% generations 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. (all 5)
These Generation Matching Bonuses can really add up especially when you have been building your business for a while and have reached the higher ranks.
VIP Customer Acquisition Bonus In Monat
I consider these commissions a bonus when you first get started with Monat.
This helps push for recruiting and selling products for Monat.
It’s a good addition that helps to fuel the new person in my opinion.
Many MLM companies do this (at least the good ones) and the strategy works very well.
This is how it works.
This bonus is active for your first 3 months after you initially join Monat.
When a customer joins as a “preferred customer” they are considered VIP customer members.
To become a preferred customer or “VIP” your customer must pay $19.99 one-time, and also agree to purchase 3 months worth of product orders which are called their auto-ship.
You will get paid a $60 VIP Customer Acquisition Bonus commissions for every “4” VIP customers that join in your Smart Start period of 3 months.
Smart Start Bonuses
Monat offers an additional way to earn commissions called the Smart Start Bonus.
These Smart Start Bonuses consist of 2 different ways that you can earn with it and is offered within your first 3 months after you first join.
These extra bonus commissions are a way to build momentum and excitement for the new member.
This is a separate bonus from the $60 commissions that you can earn from VIP customers that were mentioned in the above section.
Here is a breakdown of the 2 Smart Start Bonuses that you can earn within your first 3 months of joining Monat:
- $150 Bonus Qualifications – Every time you sell 4 VIP customer memberships and refer 1 affiliate member that joins with any Product Pack.
- $500 Bonus Qualifications – When you complete the $150 Bonus Qualification “3 Times” you will earn a $500 bonus. *This can be done unlimited time up until the 3-month mark.
Smart Start Bonus Match
To qualify for this match you must meet certain qualifications.
There are 2 matching bonuses that you can earn from the Smart Start Match.
Here is the breakdown:
- $75 Bonus Match – To qualify you must earn the $150 Smart Start Bonus. You will earn $75 every time one of your personally referred earns a $150 Smart Start Bonus.
- $25 Bonus Match – Every time one of your personally referred members reaches the rank of Managing Market Builder or higher you will earn a $25 bonus commission.
Rank Achievement Bonus
Monat will reward you with additional commissions for achieving higher ranks as a bonus on top of the regular commissions that you can earn from the compensation plan.
These bonus commission will pay out 1 time for each rank you achieve.
Here is a breakdown of the commissions that you will earn when you qualify for the selected Monat rank:
- Managing Market Partner Rank – When you qualify for this rank you will earn a one-time $100 bonus commission.
- Associate Market Builder Rank – When you qualify for this rank you will earn a one-time $100 bonus commission.
- Market Builder Rank – When you qualify for this rank you will earn a one-time $150 bonus commission.
- Managing Market Builder Rank – When you qualify for this rank you will earn a one-time $500 bonus commission.
- Associate Market Mentor Rank – When you qualify for this rank you will earn a one-time $500 bonus commission.
- Market Mentor Rank – When you qualify for this rank you will earn a one-time $1,000 bonus commission.
- Managing Market Mentor Rank – When you qualify for this rank you will earn a one-time $2,500 bonus commission.
- Associate Executive Director Rank – When you qualify for this rank you will earn a one-time $5,000 bonus commission.
- Executive Director Rank – When you qualify for this rank you will earn a one-time $10,000 bonus commission.
- Senior Executive Director Rank – When you qualify for this rank you will earn a one-time $20,000 bonus commission.
This brings us to the end of the commissions that you can earn with the Monat compensation plan.
As you can see there are many possibilities to earn life-changing commissions with this opportunity.
The next section of my review will cover the Monat FAQ section where I answer some questions that you may want to be answered before joining.
Another great review: BeachBody Compensation Plan Breakdown and Review
How Much Does It Cost To Join Monat?
When you want to join Monat as an affiliate member you will have to start off by paying a one-time fee of $99.
You will have to maintain a certain amount of personal volume per month by either purchasing a certain amount of products per month to reach the required personal volume that you need or you can start out on an auto-ship.
The autoship option will help you take the guesswork for the amount of personal volume you will need each month and also you get the products at a discount.
You will have to choose which autoship products you will want through your back office.
When you purchase one of the “Product Packs” that I’ve listed below the $99 is included.
- Business Product Pack – $299
- Success Product Pack – $399
- Overachiever Product Pack – $599
Each of these “product packs” includes a variety of different products and will also include a 45% discount off of the retail price.
What Is The Monat Average Income?
The Monat average income for an affiliate member is about $22 to $1,188 per year when you combine every affiliate member in Monat.
These stats are taken from the Monat Income Disclosure in 2015.
Are There A Cheaper Alternative To Monat
When I was looking around, I was actually able to find some healthy and actually cheaper alternatives to some of the Monat products.
I wasn’t able to find an alternative for their flagship Rejuveniqe Oil Intensive product itself but was able to find some healthy and cheaper comparable alternatives to the shampoo and conditioner that Monat offers that are on the market right now.
1. Dermachange Organic Vegan Hair Growth Shampoo & Conditioner
The first cheaper alternative to Monat that I’ve found is by Dermachange.
It’s there Organic Vegan Hair Growth Shampoo and Conditioner formula.
It is highly rated and does not contain the harmful chemicals that many retail brands contain like the parabens, fragrance or alcohol.
This is a great product to get longer, stronger and thicker hair.
Some of the ingredients include vitamin B, aloe vera, cassava root, and amino acids.
This is a GREAT cheaper alternative to the Monat shampoo and conditioner product!
2. Active Wow Argan Oil Hair Loss Shampoo
Another cheaper for Monat shampoo and conditioner product I want to mention if the Active Wow Argan Oil Hair Loss Shampoo.
This is another product without any of the harmful chemicals like that parabens or sulfates.
This product only contains healthy stuff like natural botanicals that have a great aroma to it.
The product helps with hair repair, stimulates hair growth and makes your hair looks shiny with it being oily.
3. Lipogaine Hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo
And the last product that I want to mention as a cheaper alternative to the Monat shampoo and conditioner product would be the Lipogaine hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo.
This one is another healthy product that doesn’t contain any of those harmful chemicals like parabens.
This shampoo leads with castor oil as one of the main ingredients and also has a ton of positive reviews that mention that it repairs hair, and makes hair stronger and healthier overall.
It is a great cheaper alternative to the Monat product that people also love.
Monat BBB Rating
At this time Monat is not accredited with the Better Business Bureau.
There have been several issues that the company has seen as far as complaints so it seems that the company listing is at a BBB rating of NR.
You can read the full listing and complaints on the BBB website by clicking here.
There are several (a ton) of Monat complaints that have been removed that I will cover why that those complaints and bad reviews were being posted and how the majority got removed in the next section of my review.
Complaints About Monat
Many of the complaints I have found about Monat have been gathered from the Better Business Bureau website.
The majority of the complaints seem to be centered around very scary hair experiences including:
- Hair Falling Out
- Bad Customer Experience
- Unhappy With Product
Although there are many listing of complaints about Monat on the BBB website, many of them have been removed as you can see in the image I included here:
I do know that Monat won a court case about some of these complaints and accusations so it is my assumption that there was a court order for the BBB to have the majority of these complaints removed.
This is, of course, my opinion.
Here is a screenshot of the removed complaints that I’ve found:
These complaints will lead us into the next section about the Monat lawsuit.
Yes, Monat had a lawsuit against them.
Just to sum the Monat lawsuit up, there were a couple of key people that included a group as a whole that was attacking Monat on social media and on a few other review sites like the BBB.
This group had claimed that the company was out to get them with lawsuits and other (as it turned out) lies to help fuel the attack movement that they had constructed.
So what ended up happening is that Monat filed a lawsuit against this group, and the court eventually found in favor for Monat.
It seems like a big fiasco that included personal hate against the company (many false reviews and complaints were created) that eventually worked itself out in favor of the Monat company.
You can read more about the Monat lawsuit here in this press release.
Is Monat A Scam?
No, Monat is not a scam.
If you reviewed all the information that I presented to you here today you can clearly see that they are not a scam in any way.
They do have retail products that are offered to customers only, they have a compensation that works that you can’t simply join and make money with it. (would be nice but the government says no)
They also have a solid business structure with some very experienced and successful management that we learned about in the company section of my review.
Yes, they have run into some problems like a lawsuit and what looks like a personal vendetta against the company but that has been resolved in the favor of Monat earlier this year. (2018)
With that said, what company that has the success that Monat has never experienced issues?
There are none.
So no, Monat is not a scam.
Let’s move to the final and last section of my review where I share my final thoughts.
Related articles: MLM Company Reviews, Compensation Plan, and Scams
My Final Monat Review and Thoughts
I hope you enjoyed my unbiased review of Monat.
As you have read throughout my overview, I included almost everything that I was able to find out about Monat.
Here is a recap of what was covered for those that skimmed all the way to this part:
- The company
- The products
- The compensation plan
- The cost
- Is it a scam?
So if you see a topic in this list that you missed go ahead and go back to read up on it.
As you can see with exploring all the details about Monat, there is no scam here.
They have gone through some unfortunate situations that have been settled and in the favor of the Monat company.
With that said, I hope you’ve enjoyed my unbiased review of Monat.
If you found this review very useful and detailed please make sure to share it with others by clicking on the social share buttons located on this page.